Skip to content
Roles of the parties involved in the handling process
Meeting of the Council of Choices in Health Care in Finland (COHERE Finland)
- The actual decision-making body. Decides, among other things, whether to draw up a recommendation and approve it, appoints divisions and selects division members and designated experts.
- Divisions prepare matters falling within their expertise together with the COHERE secretariat.
- Divisions may include experts who are not Council members.
- When requested, the experts have a duty to tell their opinions on the matter at hand in writing or orally.
- Experts may also operate as division members.
Permanent secretariat of the Council of Choices in Health Care in Finland
- The secretariat prepares draft recommendations together with the divisions and is responsible for the preparation of Council and division meetings, communication and stakeholder cooperation.
- The secretariat is headed by a full-time General Secretary.